This was quite the exciting adventure! My dad and Julie came to visit, they flew in on Friday night and we stayed up until about 2am visiting. And by 4:30am our phones were going nuts with Friends telling us about the Tsunami warning and that we had to evacuate our homes. So Brandon and I frantically try to get what we think we might need incase our home was wiped away. He grabbed the things in the garage and I loaded up the things inside. We then woke up Dad, Julie and the Boys. I think they all thought it was a joke! But it was SO REAL! We were instructed to head to the Church parking lot where we would spend all day until the Tsunami had either wiped the city clean or passed by quietly. I am so thankful that it passed with no damage. I dont even think the water level raised... So at about 4pm we were cleared to go back to our homes. Here are a few pictures of the day... As you can see it was a beautiful day and we were all having fun being together playing music, laughing and eating!
Dad and Branson
Brandon and Lucas. This is how they looked MOST of the day! Brandon was smart enough to load the jet skiis. NOT TO SAVE THEM.. as most people thought, but just incase people needed saving. He is always thinking of others!
What a vacation. I would want a refund if this is what I came to Hawaii for! Thanks for being such good sports!
Here are a few pictures from Julies camera that I had to add!!
Dad taking a little rest after waking up so early to prepare for the big day!
Lunch time.. PBandJ sandwiches.. Made with the smallest knife I could find.. haha
The boys were such good sports. They were having so much fun. But after lunch Branson and Grandpa took a much needed nap in the air conditioned car! Glad we had enough gas in the car for a 2 hour power nap!
Then time for more football!!!!
1 comment:
We love being with you guys tsunami or not. Thanks for taking such good care of us. I hope we can do it again soon.
Post a Comment